– Hey guys, Briohny and Andrew here from Accelerate. We are gonna run you through a CaraFan install in this caravan. So in here, in the bathroom in an Urban Tungsten Extreme Caravan. We’ve just done a CaraFan Sahara install.
So Andrew, do you wanna tell us a little bit about it? Why has the customer gone with it?
– Yeah okay. So basically what it is, it’s a positive pressure system. So what it does is, I won’t switch it on yet, it’s super noisy. It through a filter blows heaps of air into the van, pressurises the van and basically, so any gaps that would’ve let dust in while you’re driving now the theory is air is pushing it out. So no dust gets in.
So a lot of guys are using these, it’s worked very successfully. And basically yeah it just positively pressurises the van, so you get no dust in. The reason, normally you’d fit them at the front of the van, because obviously, the filter gets a bit dustier at the back.
The roof of this van just had no room at all. It is maxed with solar, satellites, aerials, wind guards this thing has got the lot. So this was the perfect hatch size down the back. So we’ve whacked it in there and happy days, no more dust.
– So it basically goes in an existing hatch. Is that correct?
– Existing or you can cut a new hatch. Obviously existing is a much easier install, but we just had no room at the front to cut a new hatch. So we had this existing hatch, save time, save money, and it’s a perfect place for it. And also, sorry one final thing, actually being on the side it’s going to make it a lot easier for the owner to clean the filter in it. When they are in the middle of the van, they can be very difficult to get over and get all the screws out. So it’s actually pretty cool that it’s on the side.
– So it’s basically something that you turn on before you drive. Is that correct?
– Yeah. So your final thing, so pack up your van, final thing get everything ready and then switch her on.
You’re ready for this? So that’s it, it just runs, it just blows air in basically through. It’s got like a giant, looks like an air filter in an engine. Just your plain old engine filter and yeah. But it’s huge and no dust, no clean up when you get to where you’re going. Thanks for watching guys If you have any questions please leave a comment below or you can give us a call on 1300 227 353